Homeowners are willing to pay any amount just to make sure their house is comfortable to live in. They make sure that their beloved family members are relaxed in their home. One thing to ensure the tranquility of their house is to have a boiler installed.
A boiler is an important item in a house that is very useful especially in the winter months. It is the core part of the heating system in your house. It will supply natural gas flowing from a pipe that will go out to the streets through a gas main. Having a boiler will transform your home from a cold, freezing place, into a warm and fuzzy paradise. If you are still confused on what a gas boiler is and what are their advantages, you can visit Explain That Stuff for further information.
How much does a gas boiler cost? Typically, the installation of a boiler is more expensive than the price of the boiler itself. You can’t install it on your own because the machine is too complicated and the installation is very difficult. That is why you need to hire a professional boiler engineer to the job of installing the gas boiler.
Average Gas Boiler Cost
Gas boiler prices vary on the quality, sizes, brands, and types. Usually, the cheap boilers can easily be damaged for a short period. A cheap boiler also doesn’t have a warranty. If they have, then the period of their warranty is short. On the other hand, the high-end boilers have higher life spans, higher warranties, and even have an after sales service.
- If you don’t have any boilers installed at your house and you are planning to buy one, a cost of the gas boiler would run around from $621.50 up to $3,107.50. It is very significant to know all the details of the boiler you want to buy for you to have your money’s worth.
- A high-efficiency boiler will cost you around $5,000 up to $9,000. This kind of boiler has an annual fuel utilization efficiency of 90 percent. This kind of boiler also has a lifespan of 10 years and above. This means you have a longer time before you could replace one.
- If you only have a small house or if you have an apartment, a combination boiler is recommended for you. A combination boiler doesn’t need a water tank. The water it will need will be coming from the water mains. They give the homeowner a hot water, as well as a warm temperature, whenever the owner wants. The average cost of a combo boiler would run around $1,300.
You need to remember that you can’t do the installation on your own since it has a complicated installation process. If you will not properly install your gas boiler, it would endanger the lives of the people living in your house. The right thing to do to avoid any accidents is to hire a professional gas boiler engineer.
- Installing a gas boiler will require you to have a gas hook up. If you don’t have a gas hook up, then a local company can help you install it. The cost of a gas hook up runs around $1,000 up to $1,500. This includes digging a ditch and running the gas line to your house.
- After you have a gas hook up installed, you need to hire a contractor to hook up the gas from a distance to your house. Typically, it would cost you around $500 up to $1,000.
- Having a gas boiler also means having a chimney. If you don’t have a chimney for the gas boiler exhaust at your house, then installing one would require you an amount of $750 up to $2,000.
- After installing the requirements of a gas boiler, you would then need to hire a heating engineer to install your boiler. These engineers have a rate of $600 up to $1,200 depending on their efficiency of work. Trusted Traders will help you by giving you the right tips on how to find the best heating engineer.
A gas boiler is the most popular type of boiler in the market. It has a higher efficiency than the other types of boiler. If you are planning to change from another type of boiler to a gas boiler, then there are still many costs you need to consider. Gas boiler prices vary on a lot of factors. Make sure to find one that has high quality, but still suits your budget.
- How much does a gas boiler cost? That depends on the efficiency of the boiler. The higher its efficiency is, the higher its cost will be. A gas boiler that has an efficiency of 89 percent would cost you $800 while a gas boiler with an efficiency of 94 percent would cost you around $1,200. There are also big gas boilers designed for huge houses. They are normally expensive than the others.
- Before replacing the boiler, your tank should be tested if it has leaks and other problems. The cost of a tank inspection would cost you around $500. If problems are detected in your tank, you should immediately replace it. It would be best to purchase a tank that is for a gas boiler. The cost of gas boiler tank is around $1,000 up to $2,000, which is if your tank is above ground. Having a tank underground would cost you around $3,000.
- If the problem of your tank is leakage, the soil must be inspected first before you could replace it. Soil inspection for leakage may cost you another $300 up to $500.
- If the soil you have is contaminated, what the installers would do is that they will have to remove the contamination. Ground contamination servicing will require around $15,000 up to $100,000 depending on the level of contamination.
- If there are cleanups necessary before and after replacing, a minor cleanup would cost you around $3,500 up to $4,000, while major clean ups would cost you around $10,000.
The cost to replace an old system of a boiler to a new one is more expensive since there are many changes that need to be done in your house. A different type of boiler has a lot of different specifications needed. That is why you should consider your budget before you decide to replace your boiler.
As mentioned above, there are no boilers that would last a lifetime. High-end boilers have a life expectancy of 10 years or more. But you can increase it if you do proper maintenance on them.
Don’t think of replacing your boiler with a new one just because it has been damaged for the first time. The boiler doesn’t need replacing if it is its first time of repairing. Boiler repair typically runs around $300 up to $500. If your boiler has been repaired a lot of times, then that is the time you need to replace it. Boiler replacement would typically cost you around $3,000 up to $5,000 but that increases when there are complications found in your home.
Installing a boiler would sometimes require local permits in your area. These permits would cost you around $50 up to $300 depending on your location. Some areas also have governments that require a fire safety inspection before you can install or replace your boiler, typically the cost would run around $40 up to $75.