Speaking of traveling and backpacking, Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, is definitely on the top list of most travelers. Bangkok, being the Asia’s City of Smiles, offers a very beautiful and exotic culture and a low cost of living. It is probably one of the cities in the world that is most accessible to everybody even with a tight budget.
Speaking of budget, how much does a trip to Bangkok cost anyway? This is a very common question most of the travelers would want to know, because, of course, you do not want to go anywhere without even knowing how much money should you bring for a trip.
Average Bangkok Trip Price
- There are so many factors that affect a Bangkok trip’s price. But do not worry, a Bangkok trip’s price is relatively lower than a trip to anywhere else other than Bangkok.
- So, how much does a trip to Bangkok cost? For a low-cost budget, a trip to Bangkok, Thailand usually is around 900 to 1800 Thai Baht (equivalent to $26 to $52) per person in one day. This price range is inclusive of a basic guesthouse room or a dorm bed, meals sold on streets or in the stalls, visit one or two tourist destination and cheapest public transportation. However, this price range does not include airfare.
- For a midrange budget, a trip to Bangkok, Thailand is typically around 1900 Thai Baht to 3000 Thai Baht (equivalent to $54 to $86) per person in one day. This price range is inclusive of a mid-range guesthouse room or a hotel room, meals sold at restaurants, visit most or all of the tourist destination and public transportation including taxi transport. However, this price range does not include airfare.
For a high-end, lucrative Bangkok trip budget, it is typically around 3100 Thai Baht or more (equivalent to $89 or more) per person in one day. This price range allows you to have an extravagant Bangkok experience and is inclusive of an elegant and sophisticated hotel, meals at fancy restaurants, private tours to most or all of the tourist attraction and comfortable transportation. However, this price range does not include airfare.
Bangkok Vacation Package Cost
- Bangkok vacation package’s cost differ depending on the inclusions of each package.
- Scorpio Travel and Tours, Inc.offers vacation package for Bangkok depending on the hotel where you want to stay, bed size, and a number of days you wish to spend in Bangkok. Their vacation packages start at $135 per person inclusive of a twin or triple at My Hotel Pratunamfor three days and two nights, daily complimentary breakfast roundtrip airport transfer and a half-day tour of the city. You can check out the itinerary of the package on their website.
- Tours Getaway also offers Bangkok vacation packages still depending on the bed size, hotel where you choose to stay, and the number of days you plan to spend in the city. Their vacation packages start at $67 per person inclusive of a twin or triple bed at My Hotel Pratunam for three days and two nights, daily complimentary breakfast, and half-day tour in the city. However, the package can only be purchased by at least two passengers traveling together, and the rates will be subject to change. You can view their rates, inclusions, itinerary and more information on their website.
Factors Affecting the Total Cost of A Bangkok Trip
- There are a lot of factors that determine that total cost of the entire Bangkok trip. One of these is the inclusions of the package you purchased. Some packages are cheap because of the inclusions, such as the hotel, complimentary meals, transportation and more, are not that as extravagant as compared to those high-end packages which include a stay at a five-star hotel, complimentary meals all day long, comfortable transportation and more. This proves that the inclusions of the package will influence the total cost of the entire Bangkok trip.
- Transportation expenses will also affect the total cost of a Bangkok trip, most especially if your ravel package does not include free transportation to the tourist destinations and back. You may ride a taxi, or public transportation, whichever you take will totally affect the cost of the trip.
- Say you only got the cheapest package available which normally includes daily complimentary breakfast only, you will then think where to eat for lunch and dinner. Either you eat in the stalls, on the streets or at a fancy restaurant will totally affect the cost of your trip.
- Where you travel from will also affect the total cost of your Bangkok trip. Lucky for you if you are living in a country near Thailand, but if not, you just have to accept that your airfare expense will pray a great part in influencing the cost of your Bangkok trip.
- When getting a Bangkok package trip, it usually only includes a stay at the particular hotel for a specific number of days and nights. But what if you decide to extend your vacation at Bangkok? Of course, you will have to pay the hotel for the additional days.
- Most of the time packages only include complimentary breakfast. Therefore, you will also have to prepare an extra amount for food so you could live through the day.
- Of course, you want to explore the place and experience the life in the city but, unfortunately, the package you purchased has fixed itinerary and you, along with other people, will only visit a specific place. You can get optional tours such as those offered by Scorpio Travel and Tours, Inc. However, these optional tours are not for free and for every additional tour, the price is around $45 or above. You can also go out at night, see the clubs, drink, party, meet new people and try things on your own. But, remember! This comes with a price!
- Souvenirs!!!! Yes, souvenirs. Of course, as proof you can show to everyone back home (except for photos, of course) that you went to Bangkok, Thailand, you might want to buy some shirts, mugs or key chains that say “I love Bangkok,” “I love Thailand” or what have you. You can also buy some exotic foods of Bangkok for your family and friends.
Ways to Save Money
- Plan how much you should spend while in Bangkok. Before traveling, you should create a breakdown of expenses, so when you get there, you would have a guide on how much you should spend for food, accommodation, transportation, site tours and more.
- Walk, as much as possible. Transportation fees to get you to places you want will cost you a lot. So, instead of getting taxis, just walk. In this way, you get to enjoy the culture, people, infrastructure and scenic views through the long and dramatic walks you take.
- There is nothing wrong in getting the cheapest Bangkok trip. Book the cheapest flight to Bangkok, Thailand, get the cheapest hotel, eat the cheapest exotic Thai food and ride the cheapest transportation. Although there are advantages in getting the most expensive deals, you should always remember that the most important thing is not about how inexpensive your trip will be but rather the memories and experience you make out of your life in Thailand. Aside from that, you also save more money which you can use for your next trip.