It is always good to have neighbors. They can provide you a little help when you need one. You can invite them for lunch and get along together. You can even let them watch your home when you are gone for a vacation trip. But there are times when your neighbors aren’t the same as what we have imagined. There are neighbors who don’t care about your area, invading it, and sometimes putting things or throwing garbage on your lot. There are also neighbors who are reckless with their pets, letting them litter on your lawn. And the worst neighbor you can have is the one who doesn’t know what privacy is.
One solution to for you to have your privacy is to build a privacy fence. A privacy fence is a fence, either made of wood or concrete, that is 6 foot tall or more. It is used to provide privacy for homeowners, especially if you have your pool in your yard. It also used to differentiate the spaces of yards between you and your neighbor.
Fencing can be a do-it-your-own project for you. But it would take a lot of time, and the work is not easy at all. Hiring a professional fence installer to do the job for you is the safest and easiest way. It may cost you more but know that the money is very worth it when you hire a professional.
If you have annoying neighbors or you just simply want to have a privacy fence installed, the number one question in your mind must be “how much does it cost to build a fence?”
Average Privacy Fence Cost
There are many types of privacy fence can be built with. Either you use wood with vinyl or a screen chained link and other more. It can also be 4 feet up to 6 feet tall. The fence should be solid and should block the view from the outside.
- A wood fence cost would run around $4 up to $75 per foot or more. The cost depends on the material needed, the type of the wood, the fence’s height (usually around 4 feet up to 6 feet), and of course, the complexity and the difficulty of the design.
- If the type of wood you are going to use is a basic solid treated pine or cedar wood with no elaborate designs or decorative, then it has an average privacy fence price of $7 up to $15 per foot or $800 up to $1,800 per 100 foot or $2,200 up to $4,800 for 300 foot.
- A professional installation will have a privacy fence cost of around $8 up to $100 per foot. The price depends on the level of work to be done, the material, and the location.
- Having a gate is in your privacy fence makes it a lot better. If you want to have one, it would cost you around $1,000 up to $3,500 for a 100-foot yard.
- For a vinyl fence, a 4 foot up to 6-foot tall privacy fence typically cost around $12 up to $25 or more a foot of materials. If you need a 100-foot vinyl, an amount of around $1,300 up to $3,000 is needed. For a 300-foot vinyl fencing, the price would be around $3,600 up to $8,000. The cost depends on the height of your planned fence, the materials used, and if you decide to have a gate or not.
- A vinyl fence with installation will have a privacy fence cost of around $15 up to $70 per foot. The cost will increase or even decrease depending on the rates in your local area and the difficulty of the work or installation.
- Another type of privacy fence is a chain link fence. This type has a privacy fence price of around $6 up to $40 a foot. This already includes privacy slats or a built-in screen with fabric.
- Your privacy fence could also be made from Aluminum. This type of fence is probably the most expensive kind since it is made from aluminum. This is also the most solid among all types of fences. But this type is prone to rust and needs regular maintenance. It is also wise to coat your aluminum with a powder coat to provide protection from the weather. Aluminum Fence costs $22 up to $32 per linear foot.
Factors that affect the cost of installing a private fence
Below are the considerations you need to mind whenever you are planning to have a fence installed.
- Local areas often need permits whenever you want to make changes in your land. Contacting your local municipality is the best way to know if there is a permit requirement. A building permit has an average cost of $800.
- Of course, you will need the parts that are required for the fence installation. You can depend on the contractor you hired to get the items, or you can just simply get them by yourself. If you rely on your contractor, some of them will charge you. But if you are fortunate, some contractors will give you a discount when you let them get the materials needed.
- Your fence installation would cost you a bit higher if the land where your fence will be installed has slopes and curves. Having a sloped land would make the installation of the fence a bit complicated.
- In installing your fence, you need to know if there are any pipes or electrical wires underground. That is to make sure you don’t interfere or destroy any properties below.
- The labor is also a great factor on how much does it cost to build a fence. The rate of the labor varies on your location and the experience of the professional installers. Some professional fence installers would do the inspection by themselves and give you advice on what materials you would need. These kinds of professionals would charge you for their inspection. If you are having trouble in finding a reputable professional fence installer. You can visit a site called Professional Fence Co
Ways to save money in privacy fence installation.
If you want to save money on a privacy fence, you can do it your own. Although in this way, it will take a long time. Also, make sure you know the proper way in installing a privacy fence. A site called DIY Network has the complete instructions on how to build your fence. Make sure to follow what is written on the site to ensure a good result on your project.
In a DIY privacy fence, you will need to purchase some of the equipment that is required. For digging the fence post hole, you will need an auger, whether it is manual or automatic. A manual auger will cost you around $15 up to $110. A small automatic power auger can cost you around $60 up to $600 depending on the quality of the equipment. You can also just rent one if you don’t want to buy. Renting a powered auger would cost you around $50 up to $95 depending on where you live and the brand of the auger. Make sure you know how to operate one to avoid any unwanted accidents.